Birth of Ben Nevis & Lochaber Geopark Landscapes Book
This is a new book produced by Lochaber Geopark. It is a guide to the Lochaber area with emphasis on geology and how it has influenced the landscape. Written by various authors, mostly connected with the Geopark, and edited by Noel Williams.
- 46 Pages with colour photographs on every page.
- 2 maps of Lochaber.
- Ben Nevis
- Meeting of 3 Waters
- Sgurr of Eigg
- Dubh-ghlac - Onich Gorge
- The Ardnamurchan 'Volcano'
- The Great Glen
- The Parallel Roads (Glen Roy)
- Spean Gorge
- Knoydart's split mountain
- Blockfield on the Island of Rum
- The Rum Cuillin - an exposed magma chamber
- Mile Dorcha - The Dark mile
- Strontian - an industrial landscape
- Flood Basalts
- An Steall - a classic hanging valley
- Loch Morar - Britain's deepest loch
- Darwin and Lochaber
- Earthquakes in Lochaber
- Latest Discoveries
The book is written for the visitor wishing to discover more about Lochaber and Ben Nevis and to understand how the outstanding natural scenery of the area was formed and shaped. The geological content is non-technical, and accessible to all readers.
- £4.95 Available at many retail outlets in Lochaber, and by post.
- Click on "Buy now" button to purchase, First Class postage £1.50
- For purchase of multiple copies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you enjoy the book, why not visit Lochaber Geopark?